Whether it's the soup of the day or the sale of the century, sidewalk signs can help get those announcements out to passersby outside your door. But the hardest part of any advertising method is getting people to notice your message in the first place. The following tips can help you get the most from your sign and have customers beating down your doors.
Practice Perfect Positioning
What good is a sidewalk sign going to do your business if it can't be seen by passersby? This is where good positioning comes into play. Consider these tips when it comes to sign placement:
- There's no concrete standard for how far sidewalk signs should be positioned. As a general rule, they should be at least a five feet away from the main entrance. It should be far enough to not interfere with the door, but not far enough to actually get in the way of foot traffic.
- Keep your sidewalk sign from a place like PrintGraphics front and center. Don't let tables, pillars, stands or other obstacles get in your board's way.
- Make sure both sides of the sidewalk sign are facing foot traffic, so people approaching from each end can see your message. Visibility is the key when it comes to outdoor signage.
Don't forget about municipal guidelines or legal considerations when positioning your sidewalk side. These limitations can affect where and how you place your sign.
Let Your Creative Juices Flow
Wet-erase marker and chalk board sidewalk signs open up a world of unbridled creativity when it comes to putting your message out in front. Don't squander the opportunity by writing down those daily specials in plain block letters. Instead, make your message pop with the following tips:
- Experiment with different fonts and writing styles, making sure to keep the message as legible as possible. Don't forget to leave enough blank space around the text to make it more readable.
- Don't use just one color – alternate text between two or more complementary colors for greater visual effect.
- Whimsical designs of coffee cups, snacks or anything that has to do with your business can draw in curious onlookers. After all, a business that goes this far to add those special touches will likely do the same for their customers' orders.
- Don't be afraid to add borders, as these can help make your message stand out even more.
Don't Be Afraid to Go High-Tech
If you want to stop passersby in their tracks, a high-tech solution like a LED window display is the way to go. Made using the same technology that underpins the high-definition televisions of today, LED window displays are exceptional at showing eye-catching dynamic ads, promotions and other content. These displays also come with a few benefits:
- You can easily rotate a variety of messages on-screen to offer a variety of products and accommodate different customers at different times of the day. It's more convenient than swapping out or rewriting sidewalk signs.
- Instead of rewriting messages each and every time on an ordinary sidewalk sign, you can send notices and announcements straight to your window display from the convenience of your computer.
- Most LED window displays have low energy consumption requirements, making them relatively green to operate.
Keep in mind that LED window displays are still a costly proposition for many businesses, but their low cost of operation and excellent durability help make these displays a good investment for the long haul. Don't forget that you can use these signs alongside traditional sidewalk signs for even greater effect.
A great sidewalk sign speaks volumes for your business and helps put customers inside. Don't hesitate to use the above tips to enhance your sign's visibility to the general public.